This high-wattage unit boasts ultra-high 80 Plus� Gold efficiency which achieves 90% efficiency at 50% system load. Due to its small size the Focus+ Gold power supply is a great solution for smaller computer cases in the living room for instance. This power supply is not only small, but mean too. It boasts the highest power density in its class and it also has remarkable output characteristics during operation. The technologies applied and the components and materials used in the manufacturing of the Focus+ Gold 850 are in line with Seasonic�s highest standards.
- 80 Plus Gold: The Focus Plus Gold Series achieves 80 Plus Gold certification with its 90% efficiency at 50% system load.
- Cable-Free Connection Design: Seasonic�s engineers have implemented a new design feature, where instead of cables the back panel and the PCB (Printed Circuit Board) are connected by a copper plate. This breakthrough solution not only lowers the chance of production errors during manual insertion but it also improves output power quality.
- Hybrid Silent Fan Control: The industry�s first, Seasonic patented, advanced three-phased thermal control achieves optimal between silence and cooling. This Hybrid Silent Fan Control functions in three operational stages: Fanless Mode, Silent Mode and Cooling Mode.
- Benefits: Reduced noise without increase in temperature Extended fan life due to the reduced number of fan rotations Optimised heat dissipation at all times Unsurpassed silent performance in Fanless Mode. Additionally, there is a switch at the back of the power supply which allows users to customise their cooling needs by selecting between the Seasonic S2FC (fan control without Fanless Mode) and the S3FC (fan control including Fanless Mode).
- The Fan Control Button: The fan control button can be found on the back of the back of the Focus Plus power supply, next to the power switch. The image here illustrates how to select different fan control modes to suit your need. DO NOT press the button if you wish to include the Fanless Mode, which means the fan in the power supply will not spin when the power supply is under light loads. Press the button if you wish to have the fan spin at all times, even at lower loads.
- Fluid Dynamic Fan Bearing: High performance Fluid Dynamic Bearing (FDB) fans are designed to take advantage of the impact absorbance effects of oil. They are extremely reliable and generate considerably less operating noise and heat than ball bearing fans. The lubrication of the bearing surface reduces friction and vibration and therefore lowers overall power consumption. Due to the effortless, quieter rotations and its robust construction, this reliable fan technology also greatly increases the lifespan of the fan.
- How It Works: When the fan shaft rotates, high pressure oil drifts along the grooves of the bearing sleeve to generate a thin layer of lubrication between the bearing faces. As the speed increases, so does dynamic oil pressure and the shaft is lifted from the bearing to create smooth, effortless rotations. The herringbone shape of the groves helps to efficiently channel the lubricant and avert leakage.
- Warranty: 10 Years warranty. Our commitment to superior Seasonic quality.